What we believe
1) We believe in the one true and living God, eternally existing and revealed as three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. He created all things for His glory. He is a God of justice, love and mercy and calls us into relationship with Him to make us whole.
2) We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is our supreme and final authority in all matters of faith and life, as revealed in the Bible – and that the Bible, being the inspired word of God, is entirely trustworthy.
3) We believe that people are created in the image of God, but that the whole of humanity has fallen from God’s perfect plan and is deserving of God’s perfect judgement.
4) We believe that the Lord, Jesus Christ, died on the cross, taking upon Himself the penalty for our sin. Only through His death and subsequent resurrection is the way open for us to experience, by personal faith in Him, eternal life and salvation from the guilt, power and eternal consequence of sin.
5) We believe that the Holy Spirit enables us to be born again by faith in Christ. He lives in us providing the power to become Christ-like in character and effective in God’s service.
6) We believe that the universal Church is made up of all those who have turned to Christ as Saviour and Lord in repentance and personal faith. Through relationship with God, each Christian is given gifts, through the Holy Spirit, to serve Him and His Church in the world.
7) We believe that the local Church is the committed local gathering of God’s people for the purpose of worship, fellowship, learning, mutual encouragement, service and outreach. The Church is the living expression of Christ’s ministry in the community and each member is gifted to take part in that ministry.
8) We believe that Christ will return, personally and visibly, to this world in power and glory. He will judge the living and the dead and His kingdom will have no end.
9) We believe that Christ instituted the sacraments of Believers’ Baptism and Holy Communion and that they are to be practised by his people.